Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Truly Inspiring!!

So I want to start off by saying that the first week of school has not finished yet and I already feel very overwhelmed, plus all the snow and the fact that I got my car stuck in the parking lot didn't help- but don't worry Danny figured out away to get it out. All my classes are 2-3 hours that start at 4 so by the time 5 hits my brain has already shut off. But this semester I will be working a lot in the schools which will be fun because I learn a lot better with hand on experience instead of just hearing a lecture about the subject. Although it might seem to you that I complain about how overwhelming my program is and that the hours are not fun at all, there comes a day like Tuesday that reminds me why I want to be an educator, sooooo let me tell you about my class on Tuesday. The experience I had in my CPSE 442 classes (Behavioral Strategies) reminded me why I applied for the program. Our teacher started off by having us listen to a song and write a little journal entry about how it relates to me as a future teacher. The song was amazing. It is called "Thankful" by Josh Groban-recommend it! After that she gave us a little back ground on how she was inspired to start using The Family a Proclamation to the world to help teach her class. At that moment I didn't understand how that correlated with education because the last time I read that in a class to study was in FAM 100. So we got in groups to read it and then had to answer some questions on the board. Once the teacher started the discussion it was amazing to see how us, the students just took it over with great insight. absolutely no words can explain how strong I felt the spirit. The Proclamation is truly an inspired formal document that is true! A girl in my class made a comment about how truth is truth no matter where you find it and that it speaks to the heart and soul! And that is exactly what this document did for me that day. I was able to read it again but in a different light, in the light of a future teacher and my stewardship over my students. I encourage everyone to read it through and have one in your home somewhere. Take the time to read it and ask yourself the question of how can this relate to me, my job occupation, being a mother, father, husband, wife, family member etc. and how can I help make a difference or bring hope and happiness into another persons life. So as you can tell Tuesday was a refreshing day, a day where I was able to evaluate myself and life and see what I need to work on and how I can help those around me. I am so thankful to know that we are all children of our Heavenly Father and that we are each divine with a special purpose.

Well I hope I didn't sound too preachy-I just really enjoyed what was talked about and thought that I'd share that with you! And since you are already reading my blog I figured this would be a great time for you to also read the Proclamation- so you better not stop here......

The Family: A Proclamation to the World

The First Presidency and Council of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

We, the First Presidency and the Council of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, solemnly proclaim that marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and that the family is central to the Creator's plan for the eternal destiny of His children.

All human beings—male and female—are created in the image of God. Each is a beloved spirit son or daughter of heavenly parents, and, as such, each has a divine nature and destiny. Gender is an essential characteristic of individual premortal, mortal, and eternal identity and purpose.

In the premortal realm, spirit sons and daughters knew and worshiped God as their Eternal Father and accepted His plan by which His children could obtain a physical body and gain earthly experience to progress toward perfection and ultimately realize his or her divine destiny as an heir of eternal life. The divine plan of happiness enables family relationships to be perpetuated beyond the grave. Sacred ordinances and covenants available in holy temples make it possible for individuals to return to the presence of God and for families to be united eternally.

The first commandment that God gave to Adam and Eve pertained to their potential for parenthood as husband and wife. We declare that God's commandment for His children to multiply and replenish the earth remains in force. We further declare that God has commanded that the sacred powers of procreation are to be employed only between man and woman, lawfully wedded as husband and wife.

We declare the means by which mortal life is created to be divinely appointed. We affirm the sanctity of life and of its importance in God's eternal plan.

Husband and wife have a solemn responsibility to love and care for each other and for their children. "Children are an heritage of the Lord" (Psalms 127:3). Parents have a sacred duty to rear their children in love and righteousness, to provide for their physical and spiritual needs, to teach them to love and serve one another, to observe the commandments of God and to be law-abiding citizens wherever they live. Husbands and wives—mothers and fathers—will be held accountable before God for the discharge of these obligations.

The family is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity. Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities. By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children. In these sacred responsibilities, fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners. Disability, death, or other circumstances may necessitate individual adaptation. Extended families should lend support when needed.

We warn that individuals who violate covenants of chastity, who abuse spouse or offspring, or who fail to fulfill family responsibilities will one day stand accountable before God. Further, we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets.

We call upon responsible citizens and officers of government everywhere to promote those measures designed to maintain and strengthen the family as the fundamental unit of society.

This proclamation was read by President Gordon B. Hinckley as part of his message at the General Relief Society Meeting held September 23, 1995, in Salt Lake City, Utah.


Okay now you can stop!!!!

3 comments:

daveandsavani said...

why hello miss ana!! i am so glad to see that you have a blog because i do too!!! now we can conversate =) over blogging since you guys don't like to hang out with us. yep thats right, i said it. lol. just kidding. can you email your address to me. my blog is private. my address is savani_aupiu@yahoo.com
take care girl!

Anna Alicia Kailani Wilson said...

HEEEEYYYY Loca- como estas? bueno te mande un email so fija tu inbox!

S&F Seminario said...

Oh I'm so happy to find your blog finally. Your post is lovely and so true. But I cannot believe you even mentioned losing weight in your previous post. You are crazy. Come over so I can feed you starchy desserts.