Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Neglecting my blog!!!!

I know it has been ages since I have updated my blog and ALOT has happened. I had one friend remind me of my horrible behavior of neglecting my blog-Savani esto es para vos!!!! Like I said a lot has happened and I have stayed really busy with school and work. I started my reading practicum at Amelia Earhart, Melissa and I are teaching a new peer-assisted learning strategy (reading) to our cute students once a week. Right now we have 5 in our class it was kind of nerve wrecking at first cause we have to keep so much in mind when teaching; we have to pace our teaching, praise ALOT (you'd be surprised how hard it is to praise to specific behavior) answer all the questions and managing the class. I am also going to start doing a practicum at good ol' Timpview with the special ed students there- here I will be focusing more on the transition they make from high school to post secondary. But the biggest news of all is that I am engaged!!! Yup Danny and I will be getting married June 5 in the San Diego Temple. He was cute when he proposed- we went out and did the same thing we did on one of our first dates. He designed the ring himself and did an amazing job incorporating my likes into it- many would say "it's very me" and I am happy!!. This last weekend was the Living Legends performance (they have another one March 26th) it was so good to see old friends and watch how well this years group did-I was able to be in the BYU TV camera truck to help indicate to the camera man of entrances and exits what to focus on etc. It was such a fun and different experiences- I have a lot of funny stories from that- just know that when cameras are around YOU ARE NEVER ALONE, someone is always watching- I saw some random things happen before the show started. On Valentines Day Danny and I went to Jump on it with a couple of friends; Jessica and Jake, Gen and Alex and two other guys I didn't know their names, but it was so much fun. I have had a fear of tramps since elementary school since the time I fell off Sarah’s tramp at her house. But don't worry- I over came that fear and learned how to do a back flip with people spotting. You honestly feel like a little kid


I wanted to take some time to reflect on the life of an amazing person who has impacted mine and my family’s life so much. My Tio Patricio was a person who constantly served those around him, as a Father, Husband, Son, Brother, Doctor, and Leader in the church. Tio Patricio te quiero much y te extrano, se que estas serca y nos veremos pronto.

6 comments:

Tiff said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats! married life is the best and I am so excited for you!!!! And getting married in San Diego, that has always been your dream. Hurray! Let me know when your shower is and I better get an invite to the wedding :)

Tiff said...

ps. you need to post a picture of the ring. I WANT to see it!!!!

daveandsavani said...

thanks ana, i waiting for you..almost gave up =). just kidding... love the post! you gotta post pictures of the ring now =). love ya girl!

daveandsavani said...

i [was] waiting for you =)

daveandsavani said...

hello dearie... you are neglecting your blog..again... do you need help updating it?? I'm sure you have lots to talk about with wedding plans!! i look forward to hearing all about it!! =)

Crystal said...

OKAY U ARE A SLACKER!!! haha!